As with all of our recipes – or in my opinion any recipe ever created – this is simply a template for inspiration. I make these with chicken tenders and light butter in an effort to keep the fat content and overall calories lower, because that’s what fits best for my lifestyle at this time.
However, if that is not a concern of yours, you can also make these with chicken thighs or chicken wings and regular butter or other full fat source (coconut oil and avocado oil are good alternatives!)
Try pairing these delicious chicken tenders with some baked sweet potato fries and green beans for a complete meal!
For the Chicken Tenders
- 1 ½ lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast tenders
- 1 tbsp light butter, melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For the Glaze
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 5 cloves finely chopped garlic
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rinse the chicken tenders and pat dry with paper towels. Place them in a bowl and drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use your hands of tongs to toss well to make sure they are all coated with spices and butter. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 30minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool in medium bowl while you prepare the glaze.
- For the glaze, combine butter, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to simmer until it has cooked down to be reduced by about half. Keep an eye on it, because it will burn if left on for too long. As soon as the mixture is to a desired consistency and amount, immediately pour the glaze over the chicken tenders in the bowl and toss to coat.
SERVING: 1(of 4),
CALORIES: 213 | PROTEIN: 33g | CARBOHYDRATES: 6.6g | FAT: 7g | FIBER: 0g | SUGAR: 6.5g
*The above nutrition will vary as this recipe is modified.