It’s summertime and that means refreshing summertime adult beverages. But typically, these are laden with so much sugar! Causing us to not only consume empty calories, but also contributing to massive hangovers for some.
Well, we can’t guarantee no hangovers, but we can hook you up with our low-sugar twist on this spicy summer cocktail!
Don’t want the alcohol? No problem! Replace the tequila with sparkling water for a tasty mocktail!
- 1 c. blanco tequila
- 1/2 c. mezcal
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved, plus slices for garnish
- 3 c. cubed seedless watermelon (preferably from small watermelons)
- 6 tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus wedges for garnish
- Stevia simple syrup to taste (0 calories!)
- Make simple syrup (see below)
- Combine tequila, mezcal, and jalapeño in a jar or bowl. Let stand at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour. Discard jalapeño.
- Place watermelon in a pitcher and muddle until broken down. Add tequila mixture, lime juice, and simple syrup. Serve chilled in a pitcher or you can get fancy and serve it in a hollowed-out watermelon over ice. Garnish with jalapeño slices and lime wedges. Enjoy!
Sugar Free Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup powdered stevia
Boil water, dissolve stevia, let cool. Use as much or as little as you prefer!
SERVING: 1(of 8) | CALORIES: 120