Here’s a twist on a traditional brunch favorite, Quiche. For this recipe we replace the crust with ground turkey, cutting the carbs to almost nothing! Check out the notes under the recipe for ideas on how to customize this recipe to fit your nutritional needs.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Sausage seasoning
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup diced veggies – I like using a combination of bell peppers, onions and tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix ground meat with seasoning. Press the meat into a 9in pie pan. Make sure it is evenly flattened out and that the meat comes up the sides of the pan, similar to a crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While that is baking, scramble eggs together in a large bowl. Add in veggies and stir to mix it all up.
- Once sausage is done (it will not be cooked thoroughly yet), pour the eggs over the sausage in the pie pan. Put back in the oven and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until it’s cooked through.
SERVING: 1(of 4)
CALORIES: 326 | PROTEIN: 35.5g | CARBOHYDRATES: 3.5g | FAT: 18.4g | SATURATED FAT: 5.4g | CHOLESTEROL: 450mg | FIBER: 1g | SUGAR: 1.9g
Notes: To drop the fat & cholesterol content, you can sub egg whites for some or all of the eggs. Also, as usual, this is just a template, feel free to get creative by adding different types of veggies, alternating the type of meat used for the crust or sprinkling some cheese in there. However, keep in mind that the listed nutrition info will change as you alter the recipe 😉