Did you know that berries are EXTREMELY beneficial to our heart health? Berries are packed full of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants.
By adding berries to your diet, it can help in lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, while also reducing oxidative stress (an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in your body).
We are always on the go these days, and it’s important to get enough food in to fuel your body for the day! So start the day by making a quick berry and protein smoothie, your heart and stomachs will be so happy!
Ingredients (Makes 1 Large Smoothie):
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop BPN Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder (or vanilla protein of choice)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen, unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen, unsweetened raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen, unsweetened strawberries
In a food processor or blender, process all the ingredients for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the desired texture. Pour into glasses.
*Quick Tip: You can substitute 3 ounces (3/4 cup) of a frozen berry mix in place of the three types of berries.
259 Calories | 33g Protein | 18g Carbs | 7g Fat | 5g Fiber | 10g Sugar
**The above nutrition will vary as this recipe is modified.