Quad Focused Gym Workout:
Today’s workout is taken straight from Coach Emily’s current program. She is coming off of competition prep program and working her way back into heavy strength training with a big focus on building muscle and shape in her lower body. As part of her program, she has 2 heavy gym days – one quad focused & one glute focused. Today, we are sharing her quad focused program.
Make sure you adequately warm up and don’t start counting the sets until you’ve hit your working weight. What’s a good working weight? It should be difficult but doable, a weight that leaves about 2-3 reps in the tank- so you’re not training to failure, but it’s not super easy either.
Finally, mind the rest periods! The weight should be heavy and somewhat challenging, so that rest will be crucial to optimize your performance.
Gym Workout – Quad Focused
- Barbell Backsquat – 3×8 reps – Rest 90sec – 2 minutes between sets
- Dumbbell Step Up – 3×8 reps per leg- Rest 90sec between sets
- Machine Leg Extensions – 3×8 reps- Rest 90sec between sets
- Dumbbell Walking Lunges – 3×8 reps per leg- Rest 90sec between sets
- Leg Press (Feet close stance & Low)- 3×8 reps- Rest 90sec between sets
Interested in more? Would you like video demonstrations for the listed exercises? How about weekly accountability? Our programs are delivered via the AB’s Fitness App that includes all of the above, access to our exclusive fitness community where you can ask us questions, share your progress and more!
Check out all of our AB’s Fitness App Based programs here!
Save the photo below to take this workout with you!