I don’t know about you, but I love quick and easy food that I can grab when I’m on the run. You can make these muffins in advance and they taste great hot or cold and make a great “grab-n-go” breakfast or snack for any time of day. They are also awesome pre or post workout fuel.
2 muffins = 1 serving / Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats- divided
- 6 whole eggs
- 540g liquid egg whites
- Sweet or Savory seasoning option* (see below)
Preheat the oven to 350 and spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Divide the oats evenly between muffin cups.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites and sweet or savory flavor/seasoning.
- For sweet, add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey.
- For a lower calorie option, use Walden Farms zero calorie Syrup
- For savory muffins, add seasoning such Tony’s Creole Cajun seasoning / salt & pepper / or other savory seasoning of choice.
Pour egg mixture evenly over oats in muffin cups.
Bake for 20-30 minutes. You’ll know they are done when the top center of the muffin is no longer liquid.
SERVING: 1(of 6), (not including chosen sweetener)
CALORIES: 160 | PROTEIN: 15g | CARBOHYDRATES: 14g | FAT: 4g | SATURATED FAT: 1g | CHOLESTEROL: 90mg | FIBER: 4g | SUGAR: 1g
There are a lot of ways you can modify this recipe. For example, if you’d like to reduce the fat and/or cholesterol, you can use all egg whites. Maybe you don’t want oats, you can use diced up potatoes instead. Feel free to get creative with it! This is merely a template to provide some inspiration!