Bison & Sweet Potato Hash
This recipe is great for anytime of day- breakfast, lunch or dinner! You can kick this recipe up a notch and add a couple of fried eggs on top. Alternatively, this can easily be turned into a vegan friendly dish by removing the bison and adding some extra veggies and/or black beans!
BONUS: We’ve included a recipe to make your own Italian Sausage Seasoning!
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 1 lb ground bison – cooked
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 3 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place bison in a large skillet over medium heat, season liberally with Italian Sausage Seasoning* and cook until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the bison cooks, peel and grate the sweet potatoes and dice up the onion. .
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until soft.
- Stir in potatoes until they soften.
- Mix in cooked bison and spices.
Serving Suggestion- add a couple of fried eggs on top!
*Italian Sausage seasoning:
- 4 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. fennel seed (optional)
Mix all spices together and keep in an airtight container.
SERVING: 1(of 4),
CALORIES: 321 | PROTEIN: 25.3g | CARBOHYDRATES: 22.6g | FAT: 14.4g | SATURATED FAT: 6.8g | CHOLESTEROL: 50mg | FIBER: 6.5g | SUGAR: 1.2g
*The above nutrition will vary as this recipe is modified.